Friday, February 13, 2009

This one goes out to the one I love!

Today I thought I would make a list of the things I love- in no particular order. (and by that I mean, I mixed them up on purpose to make things a little more interesting!)

1. Sunflower Market this store just opened up in Orem and it is awesome! Ok, so it's an organic/health food store. They have PRODUCE! Like, real, yummy, home grown fruits and veggies. And some of it is at amazing prices. Today I bought Artichokes (.99/each), Asparagas (1.88 a bunch), Brocolli and Cauliflower (.88/each), Kiwi (.20/each), Lemons & limes (5/1$), the most beautiful oranges EVER (.88/lb), Strawberries (4lbs/5$), Yukon gold potatoes (.88/lb.), and lots more. Ok, so don't tell me if the prices aren't that great, I thought there were super. I only spend $31 and I got a ton of FRESH good-for-you food. I know, what happened to me!?

2. Fabric - really, do I need to explain this one? Today I got home and there was a package of fabric in the mailbox for me. GIDDY is an understatement. I can hardly sit still wanting to run upstairs and start cutting into pieces only to sew it back together again. It really is an OBSESSION. The colors, the feel, the smell (yea, I know.) Ahhh. (*sigh* with a happy grin)

3. My kids - Please, don't say it. I know, Usually I am ranting about one thing or another. But you know what? My kids are great! I can't believe how big and grown up they are getting. We have REAL conversations now. Logan is into 'snuggling' right now. I love it! Preston is reading 'Goosebumps" books. They're a little easy for him- he finishes one each day and begs me to take him to school early so he can get another one from the library. Paris... oh well. Just kidding! She is saying the funniest stuff right now like "What the..." or " I was like...." It's so funny coming out of the mouth of a 3 year old and makes me laugh like crazy.

4. My house - I LOVE IT! There's still a ton of 'makeover' stuff that's unfinished. My bedroom is in extreme need of color and cohesion. Pain needs to be touched up. Curtains need to be finished. The yard needs TONS of work. But it's home. I really liked my house in Payson, but this one feels like home. I really want to stay here FOREVER! and if we ever do have to move, I guess we're moving the house too. ;o)

5. Lisa Lyman - No, you're not supossed to know who this is. A recent fad in Utah are 'Bumbles' watches. They're super cute-chunky-beaded -braclet-watches. They also cost $40+ for each one. Well, Lisa makes a knock-off and they cost half the price! OMGosh they are so cute! I haven't worn a watch in years. not because I don't want to, but because I could never find one cute enough to buy. Now I'm wearing a watch! So what do I do when the fad wears out? I don't know. But at least I only spent half as much as the other suckers! (p.s.- if anyone is interested in getting one, let me know and I'll give you her info.)

6. Gilbert - Let's just say that life is throwing a few curve balls at us right now. But this guy is GREAT! I don't think I could ask for a better husband. Well, I guess I could ask- but I know I won't find one. He has been so supportive of all my adventures. He works very hard to make sure that all of our needs are met. He even watches my silly girl-shows with me (sometimes!) He is the BEST!

7. Food - Ah! I have a serious addiction. I'm way past intervention. Ok, not quite. but I really could just eat and eat and eat and eat and..... ok, you get the picture.

8. Crazy Old Ladies- I love everything about MY company. The designing, the managing, the marketing, THE NAME! I'm very fortunate to be able to do this at this time in my life. I don't know how long it will last- but oh I'm gonna enjoy it while I can!

9. Friends- I have some of the BEST friends.....EVER! Seriously, sometimes I can't figure out why they're friends with ME. But I sure am glad they are. I mean, a girl has gotta have some girls to hang with sometimes and mine are AWESOME!

10. the Church - "I don't know where I'd be without it." ok, I shouldn't joke. But we always kinda laugh when people say that because, well, CLICHE. But really, so true isn't it!? Sometimes I feel so lucky to know the things that I know, and to know that there's still so much I don't know. Does that make sense? Oh well. Most of you know what I mean.

That's 10. And, well, most of you don't have an hour to sit reading my blog so I'll stop there!

p.s.- what's with me making lists lately? weird.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Oh that's cute! It's always nice to think about what we love isn't it...it brightens my mood every time!